As pool owners, your customers know how enjoyable it is to swim in the warmer months of the year. However, when the temperatures start to drop, their pool can become too cold to use comfortably. That’s where a pool heating system comes in. Heating the water in their pool allows them to extend the swimming season, enjoy the pool for longer and improve swimming comfort. There are pool heating solutions that are both environmentally friendly and economical. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of solar pool heating and heat pumps, and how these technologies can enable your customers to enjoy water at the ideal temperature while reducing their impact on the environment.
Photovoltaic panels to heat a swimming pool
An ecological and economical solution when the sun is shining, solar heating for swimming pools using photovoltaic panels has many advantages:
- Energy savings: By using solar energy to heat their pool, your customers reduce their dependence on traditional energy sources, such as natural gas or electricity. This can save them money on their energy bills in the long term.
- Ecological: Photovoltaic panels are a clean, renewable source of energy, which means that they do not emit greenhouse gases or atmospheric pollutants when they produce electricity. Using a photovoltaic solution to heat a swimming pool therefore helps to reduce carbon emissions and protect the environment.
- Durability: They are designed to last for many years, making them a long-lasting investment for pool heating. They are also weather-resistant and low-maintenance, making them a practical and low-maintenance option.
- Extending the swimming season: By using photovoltaic panels to heat their pool, your customers can enjoy warm water for longer in the season, even when outside temperatures are cool. This allows them to prolong their swimming pleasure and use their pool for longer in the year.
The main disadvantages are as follows:
- Dependence on the sun: if the weather isn’t right, the panels won’t produce any energy and therefore won’t heat the pool.
- Purchase price: although they are a long-term investment, the price of photovoltaic panels can be a deterrent for your customers, especially if they live in a region with little sunshine.
The swimming pool heat pump
Heat pumps are a popular option for heating your pool water ecologically and efficiently. A pool heat pump uses the calories in the air to heat the pool water. Its main advantage is its low energy consumption. In fact, as mentioned above, the heat pump operates solely on the principle of converting calories from the ambient air into heat. So it’s an environmentally-friendly solution: efficient without being energy-hungry. To optimise energy consumption, the power of the heat pump must obviously be adapted to your pool and its characteristics. If all this is respected and properly adapted, you’ll be able to keep your bills under control. There are many advantages to using heat pumps to heat your pool. Firstly, heat pumps are environmentally friendly, because they do not emit greenhouse gases or contribute to global warming. By using energy from the ambient air to heat your pool water, you can reduce your carbon footprint and help protect the environment. What’s more, heat pumps are highly energy-efficient, as they use thermal energy from the ambient air to heat the pool water, making them much more energy-efficient than traditional heaters.
In conclusion, pool heat pumps are generally easy to install and maintain. Heat pumps are durable and can last a long time, making them a worthwhile long-term investment.
The Polytropic solution: the PolySolar Energy System
What could be better than a solution that combines energy savings, ecology and extended swimming time? To address all these issues, Polytropic has developed the PolySolar Energy Sytem, a hybrid system combining a pool heat pump and photovoltaic panels specially sized for swimming pools.
Combining the Polytropic heat pump with the PolySolar Energy system photovoltaic installation is a smart investment today, and offers a number of advantages:
- Easy to install: “plug & play” installation The kit is very easy to connect, and only requires electrical clearance. Installed on the roof of the pool house or on the ground with supports supplied as accessories.
- Financial gain: lower electricity bills, energy savings and a contribution to the pool’s overall profitability!
- Guarantee: European photovoltaic panel manufacturer, 25-year product guarantee. Performance guaranteed for a minimum of 85% of rated power for 25 years.
- Performance: high-efficiency solar cells convert all the sun’s rays thanks to their high-performance coating.
- Installation on any type of pool house roof or in the south-facing garden
This hybrid approach proposed by Polytropic meets tomorrow’s environmental and energy challenges while offering your customers a suitable pool heating solution.